I’m so happy you’re here now checking my resources page. This article is all about giving you insights on these amazing tools and resources I’m almost using every single day. As you may know, I’m massively growing this blog from scratch. And I’m very keen to let you know what I’m learning along the way.
There are so many tools available out there when it comes to blogging. It sometimes becomes seriously confusing and overwhelming on what to choose or which to decide going for. As a way to help you over the process of starting up and growing your online blog, I’ve compiled this list of blogging tools and resources just for you.
I will be updating this list periodically to include new tools and resources I tried myself and found useful. Just to let you know, I tried all of the mentioned tools and resources below, and I recommend them because they simply rock!
- How to Start a Blog in 3 Minutes? – your step-by-step tutorial for creating a blog and making it profitable. I spent a long time compiling this guide over for you. It’s almost covering everything you need to know about why you need a blog and how to get started.
- How to Start a Lifestyle Blog and Why Self-Hosted? – Your ultimate guide on why you need to get your own web host and domain name as a self-hosted instead of other blogging platforms such as Blogger, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, and others.
- WordPress.org – self-hosted blogging platform. It’s empowering almost 22% of the web. It’s flexible, open source, super easy to use, and well supported with dozens of plugins and themes available for it. And it’s FREE! (Highly Recommended)
- BlueHost – It is the web hosting provider I initially used when I started out my blogging career 6 years ago. And it has been the most prescribed web hosting provider for nearly 10 years. Read my web hosting review about them and follow my step by step guide to start your blog. BlueHost provides Growcheap readers a discounted rate of $3.45/month instead of the regular price $7.99/month – Signup today to claim your discount (40% off coupon added in the link).
- HostGator – I recommend HostGator in case you would like to pay for your web hosting account on a month-to-month basis. It’s considered to be one of the most popular shared hosting options for new bloggers. Read my web hosting review about them. HostGator provides GrowCheap readers a discounted rate of $5.95/month instead of the regular price $10.95/month – Signup today to claim your discount (50% off coupon added in the link).
- Elegant Themes – It is my number one recommendation if you’re looking for high-quality WordPress themes and plugins. Not only does Elegant Themes offer beautiful premium WordPress themes and plugins, but also they’re offering them all for the price of one. Their pricing starts at $69 to get all their 87 premium themes and 6 more high-quality plugins. It’s the ultimate package for you. Strongly Recommended! Click here to check them out.
- ThemeIsle – It’s one of the leading WordPress themes developers on the internet. They are offering 30+ WordPress themes for free which means you do not have to spend a dime to use any of them onto your site. Don’t miss reading my review: ThemeIsle Review: 30+ best free WordPress themes 2017.
- JustFreeThemes – This website is a real mine for free WordPress themes. They got hundreds of beautiful themes listed there and they’re all free. They don’t just list themes, but they do carefully pick them up to offer you the ultimate list of the best free WordPress themes.
- MailChimp – I like it very much and I believe it’s a perfect fit for newbie bloggers. The first 2,000 subscribers and/or 12,000 email messages per month are completely free. Once you hit the limit and grow your list, you may upgrade your account to a paid subscription with great add-ons and features to scale up your email marketing strategies – Signup today to claim $30 USD bonus credit (the coupon added in the link).
- ConvertKit – It is most intuitive & user-friendly specifically designed for bloggers. ConvertKit gives you what you need to grow your mailing list even bigger. Their plans start at 1,000 email addresses size and give you unlimited Forms, Courses, Landing Pages, Automation Rules, and Emails. – Signup today and get yourself the ultimate tool to grow your mailing list (CovertKit).
- GetResponse – The worldwide easiest Email Marketing software. Whether you’re a newbie or an advanced blogger, GetResponse is your ultimate bet. It provides you with Drag and Drop Email Creation, Email Automation, Setting up Rules, and Creating landing pages. Furthermore, It gives you all you need to setup and launch webinars with just a few clicks. Their prices are starting at $15 per month which I think is budget friendly, especially for newbies. Not sure? Get a test drive – they won’t charge you a dime! 1 month free – no strings attached.
- Ontraport – It simply offers the most comprehensive program. It’s not only an email marketing software, but a complete solution via which you can manage CRM, Affiliate Programs, Task Management, Lead Scoring, Membership sites, Split Testing, and more. It’s a great tool for advanced bloggers who are looking forward to scaling up their blogging business to the next level. Get a FREE demo today and see how it works!
LEAD CAPTURE TOOLS:
- Bloom Email Opt-Ins – Bloom gives you all the tools you need to turn your website’s visitors into loyal followers and customers. Not only is Bloom going to convert extremely well, it’s going to look great doing it. It can be used anywhere on your website Opt-In Pop-Up, Inline Opt-In Forms, Below Content Opt-In Forms, and Require Opt-In To Unlock Content. It has been developed by Elegant Themes and it comes as a part of their ultimate packages. Check them out here
- OptinCat – Built from the ground up for bloggers & content marketers, Optin Cat is a WordPress plugin that includes everything you need to grow your email list. Set it up in 2 minutes. It gives you tons of features and allows you to imtegrate the opt-in form into Sidebar Widgets, Post Boxes, Lightbox Popups, Two-Step Optins. It simply gives you everything you need to collect more subscribers. Start growing your mail list with OptinCat!
- SumoMe – I love this app, and can’t believe it yet has a free version. This app is considered to be my #1 recommended software for newbie bloggers and entrepreneurs. SumoMe doesn’t only help you to add social media sharing icons with a huge conversion potential, but also get you perfectly positioned to grow your mailing list with ease. SumoMe is a must-to-implement onto your blog once you get started.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT:
- ViralTag – It’s an interactive social media scheduler. It helps you to schedule unlimited numbers of auto-publishing posts on your social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. ViralTag helped me to increase my Pinterest followers from 0 to 350+ in a week. ViralTag offers 14 days free trial and an unbeatable offer for bloggers – Start your ViralTag free trial right now.
There is a bunch of tools and resources available for bloggers out there. Although I tried as hard as I could to list the free services above, the power of paid tools cannot be ignored at all. You may not be having that big budget to start with. And here I recommend that you start with a premium web hosting account and a domain name, purchase your premium WordPress theme and grow as you go.
I personally use all the services and tools listed above and I recommend them because they simply rock. Some of these tools have a great potential to double and triple your business size in a short period of time. You need such tools to grow on a steady base and start earning a passive income from your blog.
If you’ve any questions or concerns about any of the above-mentioned resources, Please do not hesitate to reach out to me and I would love to help you.